Thursday, April 22, 2010

tech 1:1 week 6

Well, this won't be a very long blog positing because I have used very few online resources. I have checked with some sites that Jennie sent and have put ones I liked with my "Favorites".
Or I get to them by typing key words into Google search and then sifting through site after site. I learned in the meeting on Monday that people had ways of assuring that their site comes up first on the list. I have also learned, through experience, to look always at the provider of the site and not just at the opening blurb that is provided.
I often am looking for biographical material on artists or the principles and elements of design or Google images.
Now I am using Google shortcuts particularly "Directory" and beginning to sort things out with Delicious social bookmarking....developing a system of tagging is most important to me. I imagine that I will stay primarily academic in this system. As I get more efficient at using this bookmarking, I will be more comfortable venturing out to see what other art teachers do.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting aspect to bookmarking in a digital world is that you don't need to create folders and "store" information depending on a determination of classification. By using tags you can access resources depending on your current needs. For example, you might choose to tag something as "painting cubism picasso" and another as "collage cubism braque". By tagging you do not have to create multiple folders for art mediums, artists, and art genres. Then when you want to find cubism you will get both resources, or if you want just collages, you will not be saddled with other mediums. You'll start to understand the true implications of this as well as how a general search of other people's resources in Delicious can be more effective.

    ReplyDelete