Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tech 1:1 week 2

welcome to MS art is smart!

[1] The main differences between gmail and eunet fall into 2 categories. First positive , gmail has universalityof access which eunet webmail does not have. Gmail has numerous added features and large storage capacity.

Second negative , I personally find gmail extremely clumsy for the novice. I feel its heaviness to move around. The toolbar is spread all over the inbox. When I want to "reply", it's hard to delete just part of the correspondence. But I will learn it.

When I tried to import contacts, it picked up my whole isb webmail account and moved it over into my gmail account, and it keeps doing this periodically.



[2 and 3] I can envision using blogs as a learning tool in art. Blogs would be a way of giving information on artists AND examples of their work for the students to study and write about as a home assignment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll get used to "contacts" and some of the other nuances of Gmail. What is important to realize is that these "nuances" are skills immediately transferable to other Google platforms and web-based applications in general. This is part of what we mean when we talk about Internet fluency. Like any language acquisition, immersion with a community of support is a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think students blogs in art class would be a most excellent idea! Students can post their own work, receive feedback from their peers and see their progression throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete